Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome Back! Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcome Back! It's 2011!!!!!

Can you believe it's January already? I hope that everyone enjoyed their break and missed their teacher while I was away. As you come in, here are your assignments...

Quick Notes - The quarter is over Friday, January 14. I will be doing report cards on that day. Thus, THE LAST DAY TO TURN IN MISSING/REDO WORK IS FRIDAY, JANUARY 7. Check your Edmodo. Unfortunately, many of you have many assignments to catch up on. You can calcualate your grade and decide if that is a grade you are satisifed with for each course except math. You need to ask me for a print out for your math grade and/or missing work.


1) Check your Edmodo!
I posted the assignments you completed while I was away. You need to either say "I did it" for the work you did or take note of what you missed and start doing some redo/missing work assignments! Remember, last day for missing/redo work is THIS FRIDAY. There are MANY assignments from when I was gone so make sure you check the "Assignments Due" checklist.

2) Tell me about your break!
In your blog, post the following:
Blog Title - My Winter Break
Assignment - Write me a bit about what you did on your winter break! I haven't seen you in about three weeks so catch me up on your life! I want at least 5 sentences.

3) Vocabulary
In your blog, complete the following assignment:
Blog Title: Week 9 Vocabulary
Assignment:
This week's vocabulary words are: Invest (verb), Region (noun), Survey (noun and verb).
For each word, you need to find the definitions. For Survey, you need to find the definition as both a noun and verb.
You also need to copy the following example sentences:
Invest - Felix has invested a lot of his time on Facebook.
Region - Rain is expected in the inland region.
Survey (noun) - Surveys should that most Americans support the president.
Survey (verb) - I surveyed the damage to my car after my accident.


4) PLATO - English/Language Arts
Did you miss doing PLATO? It's been awhile. Now let's work on your grammar and conventions!
Go to: Written and Oral Conventions
Assignment: Choosing Borrow/Lend, Bring/Take, and All Ready/Already
Print the mastery test (with your name printed on it) and turn in. If your name does not print, you need to show Ms. S or Julianna your assignment on the computer and have us sign the printout.

No comments:

Post a Comment