Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Monday! I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. We are already in WEEK 4 of fourth quarter!

As you come into school, a few quick notes:
- TOMORROW IS KAYAKING. If your name is on the kayaking list for tomorrow, you need to arrive at school no later than 9AM. I suggest bringing a towel, extra clothes/layers, and NOT bringing anything you don't want to get wet (ipods, phones, etc). We should be home no later than 1:00PM.
- If you are NOT GOING kayaking tomorrow, you need to complete your assignment BEFORE YOU GO HOME TODAY.
- Friday is mock interview day. You must dress up! And your attendance is oh-so-mandatory!
- If you are doing electives outside of class, you should be roughly half way done with what I assigned you. If I told you to create a blog for an assignment, I need that URL on my Edmodo so that I can grading your work.

Here are your assignments this morning:

1) Vocabulary
Your vocabulary words for week 4 are:
Contrast (noun, verb)
Critique (noun, verb)
Persuade (verb)
In your blogs, complete the following post -
BLOG TITLE: Week 4 Definitions and Examples
ASSIGNMENT:
- Find the definitions for EACH of your vocabulary words. If the word is both a noun and a verb, you need to find the DEFINITION FOR EACH.
- Copy the following example sentences:
Contrast: My new school was a good contrast to my previous one.
Critique: The movie critique I read had such positive comments, I was convinced to go see the movie that night.
Persuade: It is my goal to persuade all my students to quit smoking since it is bad for their health.

2) PLATO - English/Language Arts
Go to - Written & Oral Conventions
Assignment - Choosing Affect/Effect, You're/Your, and Loose/Lose

You will have until approximately 8:30-8:45 to finish these assignments before we begin work on our career class.

No comments:

Post a Comment