Sunday, November 7, 2010

Welcome back! I hope everyone had a good weekend.

Here are your assignments:

1) Vocabulary - In your blogs, you need to make the following post:
Blog Title - Week 3 Vocabulary Definitions & Examples
- Find the definitions for each of this week's vocabulary words: Involve, Percent, Interpret.
- Copy the following sample sentences into your blog:
Involve: I would like to get more involved in school so that my extracurricular activities look good on college applications.
Percent: I hope to graduate in the top five percent of my class.
Interpret: Ms. S often has Julianna interpret for her since she doesn't speak Spanish (yet).

2) Plagiarism - There has been an OBNOXIOUS amount of it happening in our class lately. I don't like it. You get zero's when I find people cheating. And NO, you may not redo the assignment. Ms. S's tip:



In your blog, post a response to the following (5 sentence minimum):
- What is plagiarism?
- Why do you do it?
- Why won't Ms. S accept it?
- Look up a college/university website (tell me the college/university you look up). SUMMARIZE (this means write something in your own words, don't just copy & paste it) what their plagiarism policy is.

3) PLATO (ELA) -
Go to:
- https://ple.platoweb.com/
- Choose CAHSEE ELA
* CAHSEE English Language Arts Written and Oral Conventions
* Assignment: "Adding Commas After Introductory Phrases"
- Complete the MASTERY test
- Print & turn in

No comments:

Post a Comment