Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thursday, October 14

Hello my favorite students!

Here are your morning independent assignments:

1) If you do not yet have an edmodo account, a blog, or a gmail account - don't leave school without one!

2) Vocabulary - Respond to the following quote writing a cohesive paragraph that uses all three of your vocabulary words: Alternative, Strategy, and Previous.

The following quote is from the novel Night by Elie Weisel. When responding to this quote, think about the following questions:

- What does Elie mean by this quote?
- Why does this quote seem important to the book? To thinking about the Holocaust?
- Why do you think he repeats the word "never?" What is the effect?



"Never shall I forget that night, the first night in camp, that turned my life into one long night seven times sealed.
Never shall I forget that smoke.
Never shall I forget the small faces of the children whose bodies I saw transformed into smoke under a silent sky.
Never shall I forget those flames that consumed my faith for ever.
Never shall I forget the nocturnal silence that deprived me for all eternity of the desire to live.
Never shall I forget those moments that murdered my God and my soul and turned my dreams to ashes.
Never shall I forget those things, even were I condemned to live
as long as God Himself.
Never."

3) Social Studies - Open up the assignment you started yesterday: "Rise of the Nazi Party." You need to finish answering all 10 questions, save it as a Word document, and submit it to me on Edmodo.

No comments:

Post a Comment