Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hello! As you come in, here are your assignments -

1) Vocabulary -

Your vocabulary words for the week are: Area, Clarify, and Differentiate
In your blogs, you need to complete the following assignment -
Blog Title - Week 4 Vocabulary Paragraph
Assignment - You need to respond to the following quote using all three of your vocabulary words:

""But it is true that I am a wretch. I have murdered the lovely and the helpless; I have strangled the innocent as they slept, and grasped to death his throat who never injured me or any other living thing. I have devoted my creator, the select specimen of all that is worthy of love and admiration among men, to misery; I have pursued him even to the irremediable ruin. There he lies, white and cold in death. You hate me; but your abhorrence cannot equal that with which executed the deed; I think on the heart in which the imagination of it was conceived, and long for the moment when these hands will meet my eyes, when that imagination will haunt my thoughts no more."

In your response, consider -

What is the monster saying?
What part of the novel is this taking place in?


2) PLATO - English/Language Arts
Go to: Literary Response and Analysis
Assignment: Similes

3) Social Studies
If you work on WORLD HISTORY:
Read Chapter 16, Section 3. Answer the section assessment questions #1-5, skip #3.

If you work on US HISTORY:
Read Chapter 16, Section 3. Answer the section assessment questions #1-5. For #2, choose 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment