Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thursday, September 30

Why is it raining?!?!
As you come into class, here are the assignments you need to complete:

1) VOCABULARY - It's something a little different today. I want you to write a PARAGRAPH (5 sentences) that uses all three of your vocabulary words (Plot, Voice, and Factor) in order to respond to the following quote from The Outsiders. Do this on the back of one of your vocabulary sheets. You must use all three words!

Quote: Johnny: "I used to talk about killing myself all the time, man. But I don't wanna die now. It ain't long enough. Sixteen years ain't gonna be long enough. Hell, I wouldn't care so much if there hadn't been so many things I haven't done yet. So many damn things I ain't seen or done. That time when we were in Windrixville was the only time I've ever been away from my neighborhood."

2) SOCIAL STUDIES
US History -
Chapter 8, Section 2 #1-5 (for #2, choose any 2)
World History - Chapter 9 Quiz p. 494 #23-30
American Gov/Economics - Turn in one assignment

No comments:

Post a Comment